DUECO, Inc. strives to serve customers and their utility truck needs. We believe in helping to make our planet greener and are committed to helping our customers do the same. This is precisely why DUECO is your hybrid bucket truck and hybrid digger derrick resource. We have the ability to offer you three hybrid options to reduce emissions, provide a quieter work environment, and reduce utility truck fuel costs.
The Parallel Hybrid System
A parallel hybrid system, such as Odyne System's plug-in hybrid electric vehicle solution offers several advantages to stand-alone alternatively fueled vehicles and vehicles powered by conventional internal combustion engines. This type of plug-in hybrid electric vehicle solution for utility trucks provides companies with the following advantages:
- Reduced fuel consumption of up to 50%, depending on duty cycle and reduced emissions
- Enhanced reliability with redundant power for critical operations
- Uses low cost, domestically produced energy from the nation’s electric grid
- A stored energy system is a completely self-contained unit with batteries, chargers, and energy/thermal management
- 9 Kwh or more exportable power available
- Versatile system available on any truck chassis with an Allison transmission and a GVW greater than 14,000 lbs
- Advanced diagnostics and data acquisition available
Frequently Asked Questions
The Conventional Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Conventional hybrid electric vehicle systems for utility truck applications are designed for users that have consistent stops/starts and power takeoff (PTO) in their jobs. Designed for both the light and medium duty utility truck market, these systems offer improved fuel economy, quieter operation, and better acceleration.
- Reduced idle time provides for quieter operation, less fuel consumption and fewer emissions
- Onboard battery is charged by the diesel engine and the engine's power generator
- Wasted energy is captured during braking to charge the battery
- Electric motor is used as generator when decelerating to capture energy
- Diesel engine starts when battery drains to a certain level. This recharges the battery and once charged, the engine shuts off.
- Saves multiple gallons of fuel on an average workday
- Qualifies for governmental hybrid credits
The Anti-Idle System
The anti-idling system technology incorporates a self-contained electro-hydraulic package. The system replaces the PTO (power takeoff operation) to provide fuel savings of nearly 60% and eliminate downtime by 30%.
- Quiet operation as system works with engine off
- Bucket, hydraulic tools and outriggers operate at normal speeds
- Exhaust fumes eliminated
- Sufficient daily operation on battery charge.
- Is fully recharged overnight with a 450AH charger
- System recharges from standard truck alternator
- Simple and custom installation is available for efficient space utilization
- Great for emission standards as it does not produce filter particles
Want to learn more about making your utility truck fleet greener?
1. Find more information on the parallel hybrid system provided by Odyne.
2. View video about Odyne's System.
3. Purchase a complete hybrid vehicle by contacting your DUECO sales representative.
4. Research government funding opportunities.